Vitamin C, although cherished for its antioxidant qualities and its renowned role in boosting the immunity as well as synthesizing and creating collagen, is a delicate ingredient which can be unpredictable and dehydrating. But, if you manage it properly, it mends DNA damage, diminishes hyperpigmentation and amends rosacea. It is a contentious point as to which is the best vitamin C serum, but here are some choices and opinions. The four factors which were taken into consideration while choosing the favorite serum were the following: the stability of the serum from oxidization, the “feel” of the serum on the face, vitamin C concentration, and the price.
- Cellular Skin-rx. With 12 % vitamin C concentration, this serum is considered by some women to be highly stable, with a pleasant feeling. It is also of the best value. It stimulates collagen production to define the skin, correcting hyperpigmentation and putting off premature signs of aging. The active ingredient of this serum is L-Ascorbic Acid, while its antioxidant properties last up to 72 hours. Many surveyed women were quite enthusiastic about this product.
- Vivier 20% serum is formulated with vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid USP), is oil-free and helps to correct signs of any environmental damage to the skin, such as for example fine wrinkles and lines and uneven skin tone and texture. The key ingredients are L-Ascorbic Acid and grapefruit extract. It was considered somewhat pricey by some, but it is claimed that the skin absorbs it well and that it has a brightening effect.
- Obagi Professional-C Serums utilize cutting-edge scientific formulas, and provide supreme daily antioxidant protection against free radicals. However, this product was also said to dry out the skin, possibly due to the fact that it contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), which is used as a detergent and can be harsh on the skin.
- Ultra C Facial Cream 23% is a rich emollient, especially formulated with a high concentration of pure vitamin C and with the ability to be soaked up deep into the skin. The result is the stimulating of collagen and an elastic, smooth, glowing complexion. The only reported problem is the very thick paste.
- Environ C Boost cream is a cleansing cream that contains a potent and successful form of this vitamin, in a neutral and non-greasy formula. Its effects are almost instantly plumping, which makes many women admire it.
Pricey but effective, was the general consensus.
In order for you to get the most benefits out of vitamin C, you have to make sure it is fresh. Of course, you can always make a homemade serum but don’t forget that it should have the right amount of vitamin C concentrate. Also, whether you buy it or make it yourself, make sure that your serum has a proportion of 5% to 20% vitamin C. There are different forms of this vitamin, and different skin types can handle different forms so you have to test it out for yourself.
The benefits of vitamin C serums are incredible, as you can have your youthful glow back. But you need to test them out yourself, and make sure you give the product enough time to work through. A good quality stable serum will smooth out fine wrinkles and lines and remove red spots, and improve your skin tone. It’s important to keep the serum in the medicine cabinet, or in other words, away from sunlight, heat, and air. Some advice: for some added protection from the sun’s unkind rays, apply the serum before your sunscreen, wait 5 minutes and then put on the sunscreen. If you have some patience, you will be amazed to see that your skin is smoother than ever!